Open Call 2022 - The Stroll gallery
Succeeding our grand exhibition, Walk Through Time: Korean Hands, Next Generation, the ‘biggest’ Korean crafts exhibition in Hong Kong, which demonstrates the theme of sustainability in art, The Stroll gallery now calls for artist(s) who commits to and promotes the cause of sustainability and upcycling practices. The artist will be given the opportunity to exhibit their work at our gallery as an extended exhibition of Walk Through Time.
Through showcasing a deserving creative’s development, story, and artistic relationship with the earth and the environment, The Stroll gallery seeks to provide the artist with a safe and professional space to showcase their work with ESG backgrounds. This give opportunities to Hong Kong artists who are interested in helping climate issues and environmental protections, thus encouraging the practice of upcycling and reflection upon the role of eco-awareness in the local Hong Kong art scene.
- Applicants can be artists of all art forms and disciplines, including 2D visual art, art installation, media art, multi-disciplinary arts, craft, and more.
- Each applicant may submit one application only.
- Must be able to physically attend their exhibition at our gallery in Kwai Chung, Hong Kong.
- Must be committed to creating art that considers or demonstrates processes of upcycling and concepts of sustainability.
- Must abide by the condition that their art is installed along with leading Korean sustainable craft artists Seonmin Park and Seungji Mun (TBC).
How to Apply
- please include the following in your application:
- Artist CV
- Artist Portfolio
- List, short description, and images/video of proposed works
- Any additional artist statements, background, or references
- Exhibition plan
- applications must be submitted in English.
- late submissions will not be considered.
*Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 12th November 2022.
* We will carefully review artists and their submitted artworks. The proposed exhibition date for the selected artist will be January 2023 (TBC).
For any inquiries, please DM @thestroll_gallery, or EMAIL email@example.com.